Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lessons from the Field


Here is one last post on the Thailand mission trip. I did not get the slide show up yet due to the length of time it takes to upload but it will be up soon. The TV and radio interviews should be up soon as well. We all made it home safely and happily. Five out of the nine of us ended up with some pretty tough stomach ailments, that number is on the rise by the way, but for the most part we are all in good shape and happy to be back in Webster/Choctaw county. I wanted to leave you with five general observations I made during our time there. Each of the five are worth our consideration and I had chance to speak to them in the worship service this morning. They are as follows:

1. The only reason international missions matter is that they are local missions somewhere.
2. The closer I got to America the more lost the people seemed to be.
3. It’s not resources that we need, we need the Spirit of God.
4. The God of Asia is the God of America.
5. The devil knows now geographical boundaries.

Much more should be said to elaborate on these but time and space will not permit. Thanks to all who followed us through the website. I hope you will continue to follow Historically Baptist and feel free to comment on the upcoming posts here. I'll do my best to keep them coming.

Thanks again,
Wade

No comments:

Post a Comment